Now is the perfect time for you to get started if you’ve been contemplating making a dietary change. And if you want to be able to stick with your change, having a plan for your meals will give you a much better chance of sticking to your diet. Life can be pretty hectic and we are all busy. Sometimes this leads to a meal of something convenient or a stop at a fast food joint. With a little bit of planning, this situation can be prevented. It may take some getting used to, but once you start planning your meals, there will be a lot of benefits coming your way. Here’s a look at a few of them.
Benefits Of Meal Planning
- Saving money: When you are prepared with a meal plan and have food ready at home, you don’t wind up making last minute trips to a restaurant. Going out to eat seems to cost more and more these days – especially if you’ve got a couple of kids to feed.
- Eating real food: You want to have a healthy diet? Then you need a nutrient dense real-food diet. It will require some planning to pull this off. When you plan ahead, you can make sure that when you go to the store you purchase the healthy foods that you are planning to eat.
- Stop wasting food: If you plan out your meals and stick to the plan, you’ll be able to cut down on the amount of food you find in the back of the fridge after it has gone bad. Take leftovers into account when you plan your meals and you’ll rarely waste food.
- Reduced stress: Nobody wants to be stressed out? When you have your meals planned out ahead of time, you eliminate that stress that pops up late in the afternoon when you realize it is getting close to dinner time and there is nothing planned or defrosted.
- Save Time: You’ll be able to cook in bulk and have meals ready to go in the freezer. Then, when necessary, you just pull it out and it is already prepared. Just warm it up and chow down! Having a plan can also help you to save time by reducing the number of times you have to run to the store, and making your shopping trips shorter because you already know what you are looking for.
- Add Some Variety: Studies have shown that families that don’t make a meal plan tend to eat the same meals repeatedly. Make a plan and you can be sure to include a wider variety of foods that your family eats.
That is a quick list of benefits you’ll have by making a plan for your meals. Unsure how to get started making your plan? Don’t worry. Untapped has got you covered. Boom! One less thing for you to worry about!
Untapped Offers Meal Plans
Untapped Health, Fitness & Recovery has four nutrition programs to choose from. Each of them will help you improve your health. How do you know which is best for you? Here’s a closer look at each of them.
This is an amazing 90 day total Detox. The effects of a ‘detox’ go far beyond being just a physical cleanse or a good way to lose excess weight; it is a powerful way to make changes on every level of your being. It’s a way to recharge, rejuvenate and renew says Linda Page, ND, PhD, a naturopathic doctor and author of the book Detoxification. “Anybody can benefit from a cleansing. It’s a way you can jump-start your body for a more active life, a healthier life,” according to Page. Detox means drinking — a whole lot of juice and little else — pushing everything else out of your system. You’re clearing out all the tubes and pipes.
High Protein Meal Plan
A 90 day meal plan helping decrease hunger, increase feelings of fullness, boost metabolic rate and protect muscle makes them effective for losing weight and improving body composition.
Protein is an important part of staying healthy. It performs the following tasks:
- Repair and maintenance: Protein is the main component of your muscles, bones, skin and hair. These tissues are continuously repaired and replaced with new protein.
- Hormones: Chemical messenger proteins allow cells and organs in your body to communicate with each other.
- Enzymes: Most enzymes are proteins, and the thousands of chemical reactions that take place throughout your body are driven by them.
- Transportation and storage: Some proteins help deliver important molecules where they’re needed. For example, the protein hemoglobin carries oxygen to your body’s cells.
Vegetarian Meal Plan
This is 90 day vegetarian diet. It is associated with a higher consumption of fiber, folic acid, vitamins C and E, magnesium, unsaturated fat, and countless phytochemicals. This often results in vegetarians having lower cholesterol, being thinner, having lower blood pressure, and reduced risk of heart disease.
A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthy way to meet your nutritional needs according to the Mayo Clinic. Some vegetarians rely too heavily on processed foods that can be high in calories, sugar, fat and sodium. They also can fall short of eating the fruits, vegetables, whole grains and calcium-rich foods that provide nutrients. With a little planning, a vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so you can plan a diet to meet them. Let the experts at Untapped help you get started on your vegetarian diet.
Power Food Meal Plan
A 90 day meal plan with the best Power Foods. By eating power foods everyday you can energize and balance your body without costly vitamins and medical bills. Foods affect us on many levels and understanding these factors can help you make better health choices. If you are looking for superb shape and want to reach your maximum performance, check out our Power Food Meal Plan. These meals will not be just any type of food. What you want to do is combine protein with carbohydrate and fat. This way you are able to control your appetite, feed your muscles efficiently and maintain muscle while trying to lose fat. Eating these regular meals helps you think more effectively, increases your attention span and boosts your mood.
If you are thinking of switching to a healthier diet, now is the time to do so. Meal planning is an especially important part of the process to help you stick to it while you learn the ropes. Get with the fitness and nutrition experts at Untapped Health, Fitness & Recovery to get started today. They can also get you some help getting fit or even a nice relaxing massage!